Lemon Pound Cake
- Stand Mixer
- Loaf Pan
- 90 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 80 g Unsalted butter
- 3 eggs (120 g)
- 5 g Lemon juice
- 75 g Cream (or sugar free yogurt)
- 160 g Cake flour (Low Protein Flour)
- 2.5 g Baking powder
- 2.5 g Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 30 g Icing sugar
- 10 g Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 365°F(185°C).
- Add sugar and lemon zest to combine until fully combined, place aside.
- Whisk the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together well and sift in a bowl, place aside.
- In a different bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the sugar mixture until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat in well.
- Beat in the lemon juice and the cream(or the yogurt).
- Add the flour mixture with mixer on low, starting with 1/2 the flour, then finally the rest of the flour.
- Scrape the flour mixture into prepared 5.75 * 3-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Remove the cake from pan and let cool on a rack.
- Prepare the glaze, adding the lemon juice and the icing sugar to make a pourable glaze. Brush glaze over cooled cake. Cool completely, then slice.
- Finish and enjoy your time.