Pomelo Honey Jam
Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the three traditional festivals in Taiwan. People will give some pomelos as a gift to celebrate The Mid-Autumn Festival because the pronunciation of the word "pomelo" is the same as "bless" in Mandarin.Also, the harvest season of pomelos begins around Mid-Autumn Festival. When we have a lot of sweet and high nutritional value pomelos, the best way to use them is to make jam. We can spread pomelo honey jam on toast or use it to make cold or hot drinks. It's a simple and good idea. Let's do it!
- Canning Jar (1 Jar, 16 oz or 500ml, for store)
- 650 g pomelo (for a yield of about 350 g of peel)
- 300 g crystal sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp water
- Sterilizing and canning the jar with the boiling-water method. Put a jar and lid in boiling water for 1 minute. Place them to cool for ladle the jam.
- Wash and scrub the pomelo peel with salt and water. Use a peeler to peel the rind without pith (the thick, white part). Place aside.
- Use a knife to cut off a circle at the head and bottom of the pomelo. Then cut it in half from the middle and cut from the center to the periphery. You can remove it more easily.
- Slice the rind into thin strips and scald strips in boiling water for a short time. Blanch them two times. Place aside.
- Add the crystal sugar and water in a pan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Add the pomelo pulp and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to a pot and continue to cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add lemon juice, honey, pomelo rind, and continue to cook for 20 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat. (Pulp and rind become soft and tender. It can take up more than 20 minutes, depending on your pot and stove.)
- Pour into a sterilized jar and cool completely before storage.
- Finish the Pemelo Honey Jam. Finish and enjoy
Comments are closed.