The Belgian Waffles taste soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. Because the pearl sugar slowly melts feature, it makes the waffle so special. These waffles are also perfect with any kind of topping, like maple syrup, whipping cream or ice cream. It’s a delightful food and easy recipe. Let’s do it!
- Waffle Iron
- Belgian Pearl Sugar
- 140 g bread flour
- 60 g cake flour
- 2.5 g Instant yeast
- 35 g light brown sugar
- 2.5 g salt
- 35 g milk
- 45 g yogurt
- 15 g honey
- 1 medium egg
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 50 g pearl sugar
Make the dough
- In a large bowl, add the bread flour, cake flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt first.
- Then add the milk, yogurt, honey and egg into the bowl and use mixer to whisk on low speed until the mixture forms a dough.
- Add the butter and continue to whisk until the dough is smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and rest the dough aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- After fermentation, add the pearl sugar and use mixer again to mix in pearl sugar for 15 seconds.
Make the waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron on low heat
- Divide the dough into 8~10 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the ball on the preheated waffle iron and sprinkle some pearl sugar over the top.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes until golden brown.
Serve the waffles
- Serve with maple syrup, jam, whipping cream or ice cream immediately.
- Finish and enjoy
- Leftover waffles can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Re-crisp in a toaster oven.