Would you like to try to make unique shape cookies for your kid? It is easy and quick to make this cow cookie. It is also perfect for a party. When the cookie comes out, it will catch everyone's attention. Moreover, this recipe is what I bake for many years. People who have eaten all love it. Let’s do it now.
- Hand Mixer
- Cookie Cutters
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g cake flour (Low Gluten Flour)
- 5 g chocolate powder
- Slice the butter into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until soft.
- Add sugar in the mixing bowl and continue beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and beat each time until mix well.
- Separate three tablespoons of cake flour into another small bowl.
- Add other cake flour in the mixing bowl and stir with a spatula until mix well. (Do not over stir)
- We make the basic cookie dough first. Divide the cake flour mixture into 1/3 in another mixing bowl. (This part of the cake flour mixture is for making chocolate dough) Add three tablespoons cake flour in the mixing bowl and stir until the mixture forms a dough. (Do not over stir)
- Then we make the chocolate dough. Add the leftover cake flour mixture and chocolate powder in the mixing bowl, and stir with a spatula until the mixture forms a dough. (Do not over stir)
- Wrap the two dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven 340°F/170°C
- Spread some flour on the cookie dough and flatten the dough.
- Add some small piece chocolate dough on the flatten dough and roll again the cookie dough into 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut with a cow cookie cutter and line on a baking sheet. (Tip: Press straight down instead of twisting. Dip the cutter in flour repeatedly to keep it from sticking)
- Bake for 13~15 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Remove from the oven and place to cool.
- Serve the Cow Cookies.
If you have some leftover chocolate dough, you can bake chocolate cookie with it or adjust step 6 the cake flour mixture into 1/5 in mixing bowl.