Lemon Pound Cake Donuts
We made lemon pound cake before. But this time, I change some ingredients and make different shape lemon pound cake for you. Moreover, we can make various flavors at a time. Let’s do it.
- Hand Mixer
- Donut Mold
- Grater (Zester)
- 70 g white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 90 g cake flour (Low Protein Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 c.c. lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 g sugar-free yogurt
- First, zest the lemon with a grater in a mixing bowl.
- Add white sugar in the mixing bowl. Rub the lemon zest and sugar together between your fingers until the sugar is grainy. Place aside.
- Sift cake flour and add baking powder, baking soda in another bowl. Place aside.
- Add the butter into the mixing bowl and beat the butter with a hand mixer on medium-low speed until fluffy. Add the sugar mixture into the bowl and continue beat on medium speed until mix well.
- Add the 2 eggs (one at a time). Beat on low speed and mix evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, and salt. Add 1/2 cake flour mixture in the bowl. Using the rubber spatula, gently stir the flour mixture. Again, add the rest of the cake flour and beat the flour mixture until mix well.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. Add into the prepared donut mold. Tap the mold 2 or 3 times to release air bubbles and smooth top. Put the mold in the baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 ~ 45 minutes or until a toothpick (or knife) inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the mold from the oven and place it on a table to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the lemon pound cake. (You can brush lemon glaze or sprinkle some sugar on the surface) Finish and enjoy