It’s really easy to make delicious bread pudding for children at breakfast or afternoon tea. This dessert is made with soft bread and simple ingredients. Also, you can serve with a variety of flavor bread pudding with different syrup you like. Let’s do it!
- Baking Dish
- 2 slices white bread (cut into 2-inch squares)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g castor sugar (1-1/2 tablespoon)
- 80 ml milk (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberry (or raisin, optional)
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
Make egg-milk mixture
- Cut the vanilla bean half and scrape seeds into a medium bowl.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and castor sugar into the bowl, and stir gently to combine.
- In another bowl, sift the egg mixture into the bowl, and add milk to mix well.
Soak bread in the egg-milk mixture:
- Place the bread into an 8x4-in baking dish.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the dish. Press the bread into the mixture with hands until all of the milk is absorbed.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- Sprinkle some cranberry over the top. (optional)
- Baking at 300°F for 15 minutes, until the liquid has set.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
Serve the Bread Pudding
- Decorate by sprinkling a thin layer of icing sugar over the top, and serve warm.
- Finish and enjoy