Taiwanese Pickled Cucumber
This recipe is Taiwanese style pickled cucumber, which you can find this appetizer in Asia restaurant. You can simply make crunchy and authentic pickled cucumber at home.
- Grillers Garlic Press
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 chili pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Wash the cucumber, and cut off both ends of cucumber.
- Cut each cucumber into 4 equal sections, and then cut each section into 6 equal-sized strips.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the salt and gently stir. Set aside for 20 min.
- After 20 min, dump out the liquid from the bowl and drain the cucumbers. Rinse off the salt with filtered water.
- Put the cucumber into a bowl, add the garlic, chili pepper, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix everything well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 3~4 hours.
- Serve the Taiwanese pickled cucumber. Finish and enjoy
- If you like to pickle more, keep in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
- Dump out the liquid and drain the cucumber can make it crunchy.
- Lemon is tasted mild. If you like more sour, you can replace lemon juice with vinegar.